Tuesday 8 July 2014

A million different options..what is yours?

We are not talking of the football (yet).

Today we start with the historic Mercado municipale in central Sao Paolo where I am made to wait 45 minutes in a very tightly controlled queue. No, this is not to watch a football match. This is to get into a Brazilian landmark - the Hocca. One of the most famous Brazilian eateries. Later, the nice lady in black gets me a nice corner seat. Needless to say - I order a Caipirinha. There are 4 options - info with the Cachaca option. The menu has a million mouthwatering options. But the local sitting next to me says - stick with the tried and tested. I order a Bacalhau (a nice puff pastry stuffed with lots of greatness) and Belissima (our rich mortadella slices melted cheese dried tomato and oregano). The caipirinha and food comes much more faster than it took to stand in the queue. Folks - one little advice - if you ever come to São Paulo, take the first cab to Mercado Municipale and to Hocca. That's all I will say - safe choice.

Meanwhile on the streets - there are a million options.

First the bookies. The Germans are slightly ahead with 11-2 while Brazil is at 6-1.

The guy at the concierge. Brazeeellllll 3-0.

My cab driver - brazeeell 2-1 in extra time.

The nice lady at the gift shop downstairs - Brazeeeeel 1-0 in full time.

The guy serving me Caipirinha - Brazeeeeeeel ....Hulk to score twice. Hmmm

The guy sitting next to me at Vila Madalena (where I will be watching the game) - hmmmmm. I think Brazeeell will win 2-0. David Luiz is going to be key.

My German friend via text. Germany 1-0. Manuel Neur to be man of match.

The sports commentator on CNN - undecided.

Me (thinking to myself) - 1-0, 2-1, 0-0, 2-0 and 1-1 account for roughly 50% of all results in football games. So what do I choose?

You tell me !!!

Fingers crossed - may the best team win !

PS - Sergio Aguero back for Argentina makes them clear favorites. I will be there for that game.




No comments: